My Smoothie Corner: 3 High Protein Smoothies Recipes Athletes Will Love
Hi everyone, here are 3 healthy, high protein smoothie recipes that athletes will love but also everyone else, kids and grown ups. They are so full of energy that you can have them for breakfast, after a training session, when you are feeling down and with lack of energy, basically…anytime!
Vegan smoothies rich in proteins are a delicious and very suitable option to recover your energy levels after training, helping the body to recover the tissues from the stress they have been put under.
As some of you by now will know, due to the characteristics of the vegan diet, it is sometimes difficult to obtain a protein contribution according to the needs of the body. However, there are some vegan protein smoothies recipes that can be truly beneficial.
They are drinks that combine ingredients of high nutritional quality, that support the development and maintenance of the muscles after training. In addition, they help maintain a healthy weight, since they improve the metabolic activity and stop anxiety.
Easy to make, they do not require powdered supplements or similar products.
Can’t wait to try them? Here are 3 good options for you to start enjoying them every day after your exercise routine.
After training Vegan Smoothie with protein
Preparing a Vegan Smoothie with protein is an effective way to help meet the daily needs of the body of this macronutrient. A person who trains on a regular basis should take between 1.5 and 2 g of protein daily per kilo of weight.
Proteins are so important for the structures of our body; they intervene in processes such as metabolism and hormone segregation. They play also a key part in the formation of muscle mass since they help repair muscles after exercise.
Oat and Quinoa Smoothie
A combination of quinoa and oats can provide a significant amount of essential amino acids, components of proteins that help repair tissues. They also are rich in dietary fiber, which improves digestion and prolongs satiety.
- ½ cup of quinoa (100 g)
- ½ cup of oatmeal (50 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 banana
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- First, put the quinoa in hot water for a couple of hours.
- Then, wash the seeds and put them to boil as if it were rice.
- After 15 or 20 minutes, filter them with a sieve and put them in your Vitamix or your Nutribullet if you have one of those
- Add oats, sliced banana, and water, If you like you can add a hint of vanilla essence.
- Process everything for a few minutes, until you get a creamy drink.
You just prepared a rich protein smoothie which is not just healthy it is also delicious
Vegan Smoothie with Soy Milk, Oatmeal and Chia
Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and dietary fiber, this recipe is one of the best vegan protein smoothies. Not only does it help restore energy after training, but it also improves circulation and helps maintain good cardiovascular health.
- 1 glass of soy milk (200 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of oats (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- First of all, dip the chia seeds in water and let them soak for several hours.
- Then, pour the soy milk in the blender and mix it with the oats and the soaked seeds.
- When everything is really creamy and has reached a lovely texture all is left to do is to enjoy it.
Vegan Smoothie with almonds milk, spinach, and quinoa
Probably my favorite of the three recipes, just because I love spinach and Love almond milk! A Smoothie rich in fiber and antioxidants is a very good choice for anyone’s diet.
- 1 glass of almond milk (200 ml)
- 6 spinach leaves
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa (100 g)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- First, wash the spinach leaves and cook the quinoa.
- Next, put all the ingredients in the blender and process them at high speed.
- Finally, serve it without straining, it is important to get all the nutrients and fibers of the Smoothie so that you can gain all the benefits from each of the ingredients.
Well there you go, another Smoothie Recipes day from my little Smoothie Corner; this was more specific for athletes and people that practice any type of sport but in reality, anyone can take them, grown-ups and kids, this Smoothie is the perfect choice for a healthy diet and lifestyle.
May You all Have a Blessed day!
P.s. Don’t forget to let me know in the comments if you have enjoyed the recipes! and if you need more ideas, check out this great Smoothie Book on Amazon ==> 365 Vegan Smoothies<==