The Vegan Broccoli Cheese Recipe: By Far My Favorite Soup
Hi everyone, after talking so much about plants and animals and food of all sorts, about how dairy products are not ideal for your body and you should try to replace them with something else, I felt it would only be good to share with you one of my favorite (and my kids too) creamy kind of soups I have ever made.
Now preempting that in my house the kids have always preferred to eat a creamy type of soup, till not too long ago, the number cream of the house has always been Pumpkin Soup with a touch of Nutmeg.
Then came the Vegan Era and mum is always experimenting with stuff.
The Creamy Vegan Broccoli Cheese Recipe
I like to experiment, has I said in one of my many Posts, I love to read and explore and being a Vegan involves as well a lot of reinventing your cuisine and the way you look at all the ingredients.
I have often spoken to my friends about it and one of the most common disbelief is that people think, if you are Vegan you restrict your diet to salads, and steamed vegetables and boiled vegetables and soups!
Fact is: it is completely the opposite of that.
There is a world of tastes, flavors, smells beyond your imagination and you only need to be creative and be willing to experiment and NO, It is not as expensive as everyone seems to want to believe.
This Recipe is so easy to do and so simple you could not find anything easier and full of goodness, seriously full!
3-4 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces ( don’t need to be too small)
1 medium size potato also peeled and chopped
1 medium size sweet potato peeled and chopped
a small onion
2 garlic cloves thinly cut
2 table spoons of olive oil ( i have tried nut oil as well and it gives it an extra crunchy flavor) . if you don’t want to use the olive oil you can replace it with 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth. We are using this for the sauteing part of the recipe.
1 teaspoon or 2 (depending on your taste ) of Paprika
5 cups of vegetable broth
a bit of salt
1 cups of water to add ( if you will need )
1/2 cup of raw cashew nuts
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
a handful of broccoli florets cut in pieces to add at the end.
Cooking Time and Preparation
To get you started and prepare all the vegetable and ingredients it will not take you more than 5 minutes.
The actual cooking time it slightly depends on the size of the pieces of the vegetables; if you cut them in really small pieces it won’t take more than 25 minutes approx.; if the pieces of the veggies are bigger it might take you over an hour or so.
- To start, put in a large pot the onion and garlic with the olive oil and saute it for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep stirring and make sure the heat is over medium
- Take the potatoes and carrots, cashews, the vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, paprika and salt and add everything to the pot. Let it boil and then lower the heat and keep cooking it checking occasionally till the vegetable are tender to the fork.
- Once they are done take the entire contents of the pot and slowly ( careful not to burn yourself) put it in a blender or food mixer, food processor. Let it blend until it appears to be completely smooth and with a creamy soft texture.
- Once all the ingredients have blended together bring them back to the Pot and let them cook a bit longer this time adding the final vegetable:the broccoli. ( If the cream is too thick for you personal taste you can add a bit of water accordingly to your preference)
- Bring the soup to boil and then again keep on lower heat for another 10 – 15 minutes waiting for the broccoli to be cooked.
- Eat it!
How to serve it.
Well once you have done and the soup has a Delicious color, smell and look all is left for you to do is it serve it.
Honestly you can just pour it into a plate a go for it, but if you like to impress your guests and want to have something a bit more sophisticated or classy you can serve it with a vegan Cheese Crackers on the side or broken in small pieces and sprinkled all over the Soup!
Well I am definitely not a chef but I hope you will enjoy it and maybe try out and leave me a message if you think you like it or not… I am always open to suggestions and to learn about new Recipes!
May you all have a blessed day and a Lovely Soup!